Program download button is at the Bottom of this page
Please read entire page before downloading)
WinClada was written entirely by:
Kevin C. Nixon
Copyright 1999-2002, All rights reserved.
- WinClada combines the features and functions of the older (DOS) programs DADA and CLADOS
into a single program. CLADOS and DADA are no longer being distributed.
If you are a user of DADA/CLADOS, and you have a Windows machine, you should migrate to
- WinClada is a Win32 program: it will run on Intel machines running Windows 95, Windows
98, Windows NT ver. 4.0+, Windows 2000, and Windows XP. IT WILL NOT RUN ON WINDOWS
- WinClada is a SHAREWARE program. If you decide to use WinClada, YOU MUST send a
check payable to Kevin Nixon for $50.00 to the above address:
CITATION: Nixon, K. C. 2002. WinClada ver. 1.00.08 Published by the
author, Ithaca, NY. Please cite the program.
- WinClada is a full-featured menu and mouse driven windows program with WYSIWYG print
- 1) Reads Hennig86, NONA, DADA, CLADOS, and most NEXUS format files that contain
cladistic data matrices.
- 2) Allows the user to edit and manipulate data matrices, both morphological and
- 3) Displays, manipulates, and prints cladograms (phylogenetic trees). Unlike
CLADOS, trees are printed "exactly" as the appear on the screen, to any printer
type that supports raster graphics. Since WinClada prints through the windows
interface, no special printer setup is required to print trees - any printer installed in
Windows can be accessed. All common laserjet printers are supported. Color printers
such as inkjets also are fully supported. The latest versions also have a print
preview function that allows the user to position trees on a page. Several tree
styles are supported.
- 4) WinClada has the standard types of tree manipulation functions, such branch move and
collapse, and recalculates tree lengths automatically under the currently selected
optimization parameters (e.g., show only unambiguously supported nodes, fast optimization,
slow optimization). Character changes can be mapped as colored hashmarks and labeled
both by character number or name and states.
- 5) WinClada can be set up to directly spawn the programs NONA, PIWE, and HENNIG86.
NONA VERSION: 2.0 for Windows 95/NT/98 is currently
the fastest available program for parsimony analysis. WinClada DOES NOT SUPPORT
older DOS versions of NONA.
SHAREWARE POLICY :
- WinClada can be downloaded by anyone
- However, if you wish to use the program, I request that you pay for it within 30
days. This is the only source I have to purchase computers and software to develop
the program. It is not supported by any public or university funds. As an
aside, the greatest number of PAYING registered users of Winclada live in Europe, although
I believe there are more users in the U.S.
- License rates: (Current licenses are valid for all versions up to and through
version 1.9). New versions will be periodically posted; any new version numbered
below 2.0 may be downloaded without additional payment. This means
you should check the website periodically to see if you have the latest version.
|Basic single WinClada user:
$200.00 per semester/quarter.
The course fee can be waived if funds are not available; you still MUST register that the
program is being used. This may be done through email@example.com.
Students do not need to have individual licenses, but should purchase individual
licenses if they intend to continue to use WinClada after the course.
PAYMENT: I CANNOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS.
Send a check or money order to: Kevin C. Nixon, Winclada, 1 Sunny Knoll Rd.,
Ithaca, NY, 14850, USA
Please include your mailing address and e-mail with the check.
- Upgrades: If you purchased a legal copy of DADA/CLADOS after January 1, 1998, you
may upgrade to WinClada for $25.00 instead of $50.00
- If you purchased a legal copy of DADA/CLADOS after January 1, 1999, you may upgrade to
WinClada WITHOUT CHARGE. We have a list.
- Minimal documentation is provided to be downloaded with the program. More complete
documentation will be provided by email upon receipt of payment. Registration also
places the user on an email mailing list which will provide notification of new features,
bugs, etc. If desired, registered users may request that updates be emailed directly
- When you download the program (WinClada.exe) you probably want to download sample data
(*.ss) and tree (*.tre) files as well.
WinClada Notices, Revision History and Updates
Current WinClada revision: 1.00.08 (UPGRADED
29 APR 2002)
YES! I WANT TO DOWNLOAD